CLASS – XI BIOLOGY (The Living World) Important Questions
1. Name the highest category of classification?
2. What are the three codes of nomenclatures?
3. What do you mean by “chemotaxonomy?
4. Why are living organisms classified? Give two points.
5. What is Taxonomic key? How is it helpful in the identification & classification
of living organisms?
6. Differentiate between taxonomy & systematics.
7. What is a taxon? Illustrate the taxonomical hierarchy in plants with a suitable flowchart.
8. What are taxonomic aids? Mention two of the taxonomic aids for
9. What do you mean by a herbarium?
10. Write a short note on importance of zoological parks in taxonomy.